I was saving this project for a rainy day to give the kids something to do, but since it rains almost everyday..what were we waiting for? Shelby, of course, had a blast, but I'm not so sure about Mikey. I have a picture of Shelby the same age (7 months) making her first finger paint, so now I have a picture of both kids at the same age making finger paints. Shelby was smiling in hers though, Mikey not so much. I may have waited to close to nap time to plan this little escapade. I put him down for a nap right after and he went right out. Maybe next time he will be more in the mood. Shelby loves to paint, draw and do all the artsy stuff and had been bugging me for weeks to do finger paints. Watching these two together is why I stay at home now. I think Mikey was more interested in what Shelby was doing. He kept looking at her project and ignoring his. Oh well. I would really like to make a habit of us doing some kind of project together once a week (Thursday's are the best). I have a ton of art work from when Shelby was small, and I don't want to miss out on Mikey's abilities (as silly as they may be). SO wish us luck. It was fun though. Shelby's is the pink and the white paper and Mikey has the tan one. They look the same, don't they? Shelby had some cool rainbow handprints until she smeared them all together.
I actually have two projects on the needles right now. I finally got back on the sock kick I was on before I got pregnant. I found a skein of TOFUtsies from the South West Trading Company that I bought a year ago. It's an orange, yellow and red colorway and easy to work with. The sock is knitting up nice and easy and there is a lot of elastic in the yarn..great for socks. The Lace Cuff Anklets from Ann Budd is a nice easy sock to get back in the groove. I'm knitting it toe up on a circular to make it faster.
The second project is the Moss Grid Towel from Mason-Dixon using Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool in orange. (2 skeins a dear, sweet friend gave me, even with her utter distaste for orange) I had another project that I actually used this yarn for, but I frogged it the whole thing and now decided to make something for my coffee table. Again, very easy knit and should go pretty fast. All I want to do is sit and knit right now so the projects are coming along pretty fast. However, opening the new Knitty Spring this morning, I found a delicious Shawl that I want to sit down and take the time to do. My fingers are itching for a project a little more complicated. I think I'm finally getting out of my comfort zone of socks, hats and scarfs (thought they are all important) and see what else I can accomplish. I so very much want to conquer a lace project and the Aeolian Shawl may the one that I do. I have to get some lace weight yarn first. Most of my stash is sock, so I will be looking for something scrumptious!
Well hubby is on his way home for lunch, so I better get some dishes done before little buddy wakes up. enjoy the pics!

I am itching for a more complicated project too! I have been contemplating my available yarn choices........
ReplyDeleteTiffany you are so talented I only wish that I had the patience to sit down and knit things like that. I still have the first piece of lace that you ever knitted!!! Shelby is growing up so fast and so is little Mikey. I can't believe how big they are already it just seems like yesterday. I really miss you girl and I am glad to see that you guys are doing well. I love you and I will talk to you soon!!!
ReplyDeleteI love all the project pictures! You might think about framing some of their pieces. I did that with my niece and nephew's art work & it looks great in Marissa's playroom. Good luck on your complicatd project, I have yet to pick up the needles to make anything worth while.
ReplyDelete