Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"Oh Where, Oh Where Can My Sunshine Be...?"

     So the weather here, lousy.   It has become an eternal gray, damp, wet season and the temptation of the sun only every once in a while.  I've even tried to will the summer to come sooner by wearing summer clothes.  Needless to say, that only angered the Dismal Gods and it got worse.   Since I am from the "Sunshine State", you can only guess how depressing it really can be without some natural vitamin D.  Someday the sun will come and I will enjoy every minute of it.  At least if it's going to be a long winter, it could snow.  All we have is rain and more rain.  Soon..Soon.
     As for my other "Son"...he is on a roll with development.  Last week was quite a busy week for him.   He is starting to get further and further off of his nice, safe blanket and rolling to new, more adventurous regions in the house.   It's time to bring the pack and play down and do some major baby-proofing.  Right now his favorite thing is to find the magazines and tear the pages out of them.  Wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so messy.   He also has sprouted a new bottom tooth and the second one is right behind it.   My toothless grin is officially gone now.  I had forgotten how those sharp those little baby teeth are.  He has learned how to give kisses, wet and messy as they are..they are SO SWEET!  We will tell him to give kisses and he will gently grab our head to pull close to his mouth and plants a lovely big open mouth kiss on our cheeks.  I  LOVE IT!!!  We are learning that he is a Chatty Baby like his sister.  He is starting to mimic the sounds we make to him.  Today it was "La-La".    I can't wait to hear "Ma-Ma" and "Da-Da".   SO now I have one more person to talk to.  Seems they have inherited the "gab" gene from me.  
    Both kids had Dentist appointment last week.  Yes, you read right...BOTH kids.  I know what your saying.  What in the world is a 7 month old doing at the dentist?  Don't worry I said the same thing.  However, when I made an appointment for SHelby they asked if I wanted to  make one for him as well. 
"Really?"
"Oh yeah.  There is a class and we will check his teeth."
"He doesn't have any teeth yet."
"That's OK."
SO it was, Buddy has a dentist appointment.  Both kids were excellent patients.  They both giggled through their exams.  This is Shelby's third one, so she goes for the new toothbrush.   I'm so thankful that the two of them are so good at both the Dentist and the Doctors.   I can't believe Mikey just laughed through the whole thing.  Both have nice healthy teeth, I am proud to announce.  I'm very blessed with these two kids. 
Shelby is just counting the days to when she starts Kindergarten.  They get out of 2:30, so it will be very quite without her.  Though I am looking forward to it, it's going to be so strange not having my little pumpkin here with me.  It will be so good for both of us.  She is starting to become more independent and wants to spend time with her friends and not so much with her Mommy.  I guess the day was bound to happen.   I still will cry.  
Speaking of which...she scared the snot out of us yesterday.  We were downstairs watching a movie and she was upstairs looking for the DVD we borrowed from the library.  I told her that if she couldn't find it, we wouldn't be able to get anymore if she can't take care of them.   Well she took it to heart.  Sometimes movies get stuck behind the TV and she decided to look behind it.  Yes, what you are thinking really happened.  We heard a loud crash and a horrifying scream.  When Jay reached her, the TV was on top of her.  We were so lucky that Pop-Pop was sleeping in the room and the pull out bed is right in front of the TV armoire, because she was resting on the bed while the 27 inch TV was lying on her.  Besides her childhood flashing before her eyes, all that came from it was a lovely bruise on her leg.   She was so lucky, and so were we.   She tries to be so independent and she forgets how young and small she really is.  
So that was the drama for the past week or two.   Now if someone could please send some sunshine down this way..that would be great!!  Until then..

No comments:

Post a Comment