Monday, March 9, 2009

Hello, it's me again




Ok, Ok, it's been awhile since I have blogged, but there is two new albums loaded, so that should appease for awhile.. It has been pretty busy here and I haven't had time to check email, write everyone back or make albums or update the blog.   So I'm finally here and with lots to say...haha...poor people.
     First off, My Grandma, Aunt and her Son actually jumped out of an airplane the past weekend.  They were the only ones on the plane so it was a like VIP trip.  Grandma loved it, Sandi checked her block and Nathan really didn't have much to say (he IS a Rudd Male).  I think they all had fun and how I wish I could have been there to see it all.  I guess they did a flat spin on the free fall and Grandma was the only one that liked it.  They all got a little sick from it and they did not realize how cold it was way up in the atmosphere.   We guessed it was about 25 degrees or so at altitude.  I think it was all pretty cool and I'm glad they were able to have such an adventure.
     Jason got promoted last week and I couldn't be prouder.  It was a nice ceremony and a great spread.   So now he is Major Nagy and it's still weird to see the rank on his uniform.  The kids were good during the whole event.  I thought Shelby was going to have a meltdown after she saw the food, but with the promise of a huge piece of cake after wards, she straightened right up.  Mikey was just passed around during the whole thing.  Jay's Dad came down for the ceremony and he pinned one side, while I pinned the other.  I did have to give Jay a little pinch from his new rank before I put the backs on, and as you can imagine, that took him by surprise.  Shelby threw his old rank, and with great gusto.   Jay was his green uniform (as was his Dad) and was happy to take it off as soon as it was all over, as it was a little tight.  I of course cried but not too much.  I was very proud of him.  It has been a long six years and a well deserved promotion.  We were just happy that we could celebrate the event together.  Afterwards, there was food for everybody, and everybody ate.
    Jay's Dad has been here since last Wednesday and will leave tomorrow.  It was a short trip, but a full one.   We got to go to  a little town call Willingen for a quick getaway.   We were in a great two bedroom apartment and had a busy Saturday.  We got there Friday evening in time for dinner, so that's all we really had time to do then.   Saturday was the big day.  We went sledding in the morning, swimming in the afternoon and ice skating right before dinner.   They  have snow machines in the town, so the snow wasn't great, but at least there was some.  We even put Mikey on the sled and he went down with me three times.  I'm not sure he was all thrilled about it (as he had two quick cries during it) but he was a trooper.  Shelby went down with Jason and Pop-Pop went crashing all on his own.  The Swimming pool was a mini indoor water park.  It had three good slides and several pools.  The water was nice and warm and we had currywurst all around for lunch.   The ice skating wasn't as great as the time before with Shelby, but she didn't seem to mind.  Us adults weren't too happy with the skates as they all hurt our feet.  Oh well, Shelby had fun and that's all that counts.  Mikey used the time to nap,(he did alot of swimming as well)  lucky guy....  We drove home the next day and recovered.  Seems as if we brought something back with us.  I was sick yesterday with a small stomach thing and Jay has it today.  He's laying in bed as we speak.   I'm all better today so hopefully his will only last for today.  It was a good trip and a place we will go back to again.
   Jay's dad leaves for home tomorrow, so we will back to our regular schedule then.  Hopefully more posts and more pics.  Here are some pics of the aerobats as they enjoy the silence of the sky.  Enjoy and until next time!!  OK, I tried to get the pics rotated, but it didn't work.  the other pics are in the albums and hopefully we will have some pics of Jay's promotion soon.  There were other people taking pics of it so I will get them to you as soon as I get it.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to your hubby - that is great! And way to go grandma!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Jay on the promotion!!

    ReplyDelete