Thursday, July 2, 2009

Good-Bye's and the Arrival of Summer





One of the sad parts about being a part of the military community is the good-bye's one has to say. Last night we said good-bye to one of our dear friends. She is part of our Tuesday Morning Crafting Club and has been know to throw everyone's Birthday party in her backyard. We saw her daughter before we even met her and couldn't believe how much she reminded us of Shelby. SHe was one of the first people we met here at the first back yard get together we ever went to. She was well loved in this community and just plain fun. We will miss you and the saying of good-byes does not get easier. However, it is a small world and I have already been able to see friends over here that I had to say good-bye to back in Georgia and some friends I had to say good-bye to in Germany the last time I was here. I guess that is what Facebook is for...and yes, Jason and I have both joined the revolution of Facebook just recently...if not a tad bit late.
Last night the neighborhood had a BBQ for her and her family. Her Husband just got back and now they are on their way to Fort Sill, OK. It was a fun party though. It's the way this sad parties ought to be...a celebration of homecomings and renewal. I know they are ready to get back to the states and to be closer to home. I did take note on one thing at the party though. It was like watching a middle school dance. Immediately, the guys went to one side and the girls went to the other for the majority of the night and stayed that way. Once quests started to leave and the numbers dwindled, then the two parties mixed. Shelby and I were their until about 1130, while Jason went home with Mikey around 9 or so. There is nothing like a circle of friends in the back yard, some good spirits to drink and good spirits around. All the children of course where in the house while the adults were outside. It was so quite.
Speaking of Children...Shelby was the princess in the Tiara running around with an M1 telling everybody to stick it up, we were all on her side now. Her and her girlfriend looked like the Charlies Angels. I wish I had a picture. Maybe someone took one last night and I will be able to post it. It was funny. SHe was mad when the boys took her gun away and she wanted it back!
The weather here is getting warmer and the kids have started to get in the pools. We bought one a few days ago, as well as my friend, and they have been going back and forth. Here is a picture of the babies in the mushroom pool and shelby and Gracie in matching bathing suits. (it's and old one of Gracie's). It's getting hot and humid, but I'm not complaining...I welcome it. It's the way summer ought to be and it's come to be expected. So it's off to the pool we go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment