It has been a good week here. We have been on more and more bike rides and the kids love it, it's good for us adults as well!! Mikey seems to understand the word "bike ride" as he gets all excited when we say it to him. Getting excited, meaning, he smiles big and gets a sparkle in his eye, he is however, only eight months. We rode up to the Italian restaurant this past Friday and had the usual pizza, but split a tirimisu that Shelby really wanted. Mikey just sat in the high chair and had applesauce and drooled over our dinner. That place is really great though. We go more for the atmosphere then the food (hence we always get pizza), but it's so nice to eat outside and Shelby can play on the play ground. WE also usually head off to the bigger park next to it after dinner so SHelby can ride the zip cord. Jay had taken both the kids over the four day while I went to a ladies night in and she loves it. It goes pretty fast and it hits the stop pretty hard, but she just holds on and laughs laughs laughs!! So the restaurant and the park have become our normal weekend thing to do now.
It was Spring Break here last week, but Shelby spent most of it lying on the couch as she was sick for a few days into it. We had a nice long weekend going into the break and she was fine. Shelby, Mikey and I even got a chance to go have a wonderful visit with and old friend up in Ramstein at this British Cafe there. Her kids and Shelby just played while we handled lunch and the two babies. As a parting gift, the boys wanted to make sure that Shelby got a lollipop like they did and they made her day. It is always so nice to see them. And if your reading...I still have your plate here and it will get back to you soon!! (maybe...its a cool plate..hehe) It was the last night that Shelby got sick. WE were out around the fire pit (cause I will go out there now since it's not so cold anymore) and she was eating popcorn....next thing we know, we are seeing the popcorn again. She got sick once more the next day, but for two and a half days her temp kept going up to 102 then down, back and forth. She did make it to a birthday party of one of her good friends, and mine, and had some fun. She brought home a nice painted flower pot and a pretty African Violet. She was tired, but she had a nice time. She was recovered by Wednesday and Thursday is when we went to Ramstein.
That Friday (of Easter weekend) was supposed to be my day to clean; however, it did not turn out the way I planned. Shelby and three of her friends eventually decided to stay over here to hang out. They tend to pop in between houses and it was our turn. They had a good time though. For lunch they took a blanket outside and had themselves a picnic of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, strawberries with whipped cream and lemonade. They were all dressed up in their fancy little outfits and I handed them a camera. I had no idea what the pictures would look like. Oh my goodness...they all seem to love the camera!! Their poses were so cute. They looked like they were modeling for Pretty Pretty Princess is now a Mommy. Shelby's little boy friend who has a crush on her must have seen it because next thing I know, he's now in the mix with his buddy and now there are six kids upstairs. I remember this when I was growing up but I wasn't prepared to have my daughter old enough to just hang out with her friends. I did enjoying watching it all. Eventually I kicked them all out...I really needed to clean...and the boys took off (I think the friend of the boy who has the crush really did not want to play with girls) and the girls decided to put their bathing suits on and play in the sprinkler. They laid out all their towels all in a circle and decided to "stretch" out first. It was like watching a bunch of teenagers. But then the hose came out and the little girls were appearing again. I just kept thinking to myself...is she really old enough for this yet? But I guess she is, and I'm very happy for her. It seems as if I started a little trend. I was at the stores Saturday with my friend looking for Easter stuff when I called Jay to see how everything was. The same girls brought two more in and now they were going to have a picnic over at another friends house. Again the hose and the slide came out and so did the towels. I guess they wanted to come in and play, but Jay made them stay outside. It was WAY to nice to be inside. I did nothing but errands that day and Jay handled the girls. I think he was happy to see me come home though.
Easter Sunday, Shelby was the first to wake up. I heard her go down the stairs, so I followed her to see what her reaction would be. By the time I got back down, she was asleep on the chair. She must have heard me turn the TV on, because all of a sudden she was awake. She says in a very sleepy voice.."mommy, the Easter bunny took the eggs we dyed (which was at 930 the night before) because they aren't in the fridge anymore." I asked her if he let something behind, but she didn't even see the basket! She walked right past it!! I had to point it out to her! Then her eyes got big!!! She was all awake and happy after that. She was pretty excited about Mikey's big stuffed tonka truck basket. By this time Jay got up and all she wanted to do was find Easter eggs (which we still hadn't hidden yet). Jay and I just wanted a cup of coffee first. As he was trying to make breakfast (eggs) she went out to find them anyways. She told us she just wanted to put her basket on her bike, but she seemed to find some eggs along the way. I think Jay went out and hid them very quickly while I had her distracted by taking pictures of the kids. Oh yeah, Mikey liked his big truck basket too. So we went ahead and did the Easter egg hunt. IT took maybe five minutes, but she had fun and that's all that counts. I still haven't done anything with the eggs! After the kids got cleaned up and bathed, Shelby wanted to put on her new Easter dress that her good friend gave her, so Jay decided to take her out (he had to run out and get something) so she could parade around. I thought it was so sweet. They had lunch together and went to a few stores. I just had quite time here at home. By the time they came back, he had cheap plastic furniture for outside and we ate dinner alfresco that evening. Some of her friends came over for another Easter egg hunt (pre-filled candy eggs..yeah!) and then off on a another bike ride with our friends and the zip cord park. Mikey even sat in a booster seat outside and looked every bit a little man. As we ate and just kept his arms on top of the table and chatted away like he was the king of conversation. Well I hate to tell him, he has competition with his sister. We had a nice, light, healthy dinner and I think Jay is really enjoying grilling again. AT the end of the evening we got to Skype with both sides of the family and it really rounded out a perfect day.
Days like this past Easter have been so few and far between for this family. When we do get one, it is so very cherished and it brings this family closer together. We have become so thankful for the time we do get together. Easter and Spring are all about rebirth and renewing. The past two weeks of really reminded me of my younger childhood and now I am reliving it through my family. This family is finally started to get it's groove and now we are on the road to just living and being just that, a family. Yes, it does make me sad to think of those who have lost, but ever so thankful for the love that was brought home. If it wasn't for both of our families, and the friends we made along the way, the road would have been so much harder and we may not have to peace that we have now. I know it is hard for our families not being able to see us as often as we would all like (and hard for us as well), but this family is what you gave us in return. So thank you very much. PS- you will all find four new albums.."March Pics", "Spring Pics", "Pretty Girls", and "Easter pics"....enjoy..I'm trying to put video on as well..so stay tuned

No comments:
Post a Comment