Sunday, February 1, 2009

Finished a Project!!!





I finally finished a project!!!  The Nomad Hat/Scarf combo from Interweave was such an easy knit, but for some reason it took me two months to finish.   IT was a bit expensive, as it took 3 skeins of Plymouth Yarn Baby Alpaca Grand which cost $16.00 each. (Green)  However; it should keep me warm and Shelby looks pretty darn cute in it!! (though it's for me)  It felt good to bind off though; and now on to the next project....
Shelby liked it so much she wanted a hat of her own.  So I told her to go down and pick whatever yarn she wanted and I would knit it.   Well, would you know, she picked a $20 skein of Pagewood Farm hand dyed sock yarn.    Since it is a lighter weight, it will take me longer and a five year old will constantly ask me if I'm done yet.....For some reason, I went ahead and cast on with it.  Guess I love her!!  I'm also happy to see her interest in knitting.  I guess if she doesn't wear it, I could always frog it and use it for something else.   So we will see.  She really wanted to be involved so after letting her pick it out, she helped me wind it into a ball.  I had to redo it, but it was the thought that counts.  So the pic is of her winding it..and yes she is in her bathing suit in 30 degree weather.   She is on this mermaid kick and when she is the mermaid, she has the bathing suit on and puts a princess dress on when she is on land.   MMMM....wonder why that sounds familiar?  (She also tried to color her hair red with marker)
Her and Daddy had a nice day out yesterday.  Since Mikey and I were still sick, he took her, with some friends, to a place where there is inflatables to jump on.   It's supposed to be better than Monkey Joes in Columbus, so it must have been good.  Then he took her to a couple of stores and just had her out all day.  She had a blast, Jay got out of the house and I got some much needed quiet and rest.   Jay and Shelby needed some Good Father/Daughter time.  It's been awhile since they went out together.  He used to take her all the time in Columbus and they would always go for ice cream later.  There are some things we will miss about the States.  Then we all went downtown to to dinner.   This is the outfit that she decided to wear.  She was so excited when I told her that Rachel picked out the jacket for her.  It's totally Shelby's style. SO I guess keep picking out her clothes RayRay.  Hey why not..the outfit was warm.   She definitely has her own style and I don't want to crush it, but there are limits.  This wasn't it.  Cute though.
Anyways, tonight is the Super Bowl and though we are usually really into it...we are both wondering if we will actually stay up to watch it.  It will start at midnight here.  The last Super bowl I saw in Germany was when the BUCS whipped on the Raiders!!  Tell me that wasn't awesome.  Now the game is in Tampa and again, I'm not home.  That's alright, I'll see them in London (and the Pats) come October.  We are SO excited about it.  SO who are we rooting for?  The underdogs....Arizona.  Don't really care who wins as neither of our teams are playing.   I guess that's about it for now.  Mikey and I are getting a lot better and feel 75% better today.  Now some of our friends have it.  It's going around fast here!!  But I found the magic pill if it ever comes back around here again!!!
Enjoy the game!!

4 comments:

  1. I was thinking about you earlier this evening while I was watching all the festivities in Tampa and knowing you were missing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nomad scarf looks fantastic! I question your sanity making one out of sock yarn though. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm already ripping it out if that tells you where my sanity went...and it came back..ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scarf/hat looks really warm!

    ReplyDelete