Thursday, January 29, 2009

The winter bug






Well, it's here, the winter bug.  Shelby brought it home, and now we all have it.   She has been the only one that had a slight fever, the rest of us have more of a head cold.  I feel bad for Mikey.   He coughs so much, he can't keep a whole lot down.  He just happened to have his 6th month well baby appointment this week, but they said there is nothing we can do for him unless he starts having trouble breathing or gets a fever.  Hopefully, none of that will happen.  It took Shelby a week to get rid of it, so I hope it's the same with all of us.
Speaking of Mikey.  What a big boy he is becoming.  His stats at 6mths are good.  He is 26.5 inches long, he weighs 15.5 lbs and his head circumference is 16.5 inches.   To compare, Shelby was about 23 inches and 18 pounds at one year.  So we think he is huge....relatively speaking.   He is now in a big boy tub seat and sits well on his own.   His sister already likes to dress him up.   I just can't believe that he is 6mths already.  Jason says he looks like my Grandpa Rudd.  I have to agree...which means he looks like my Dad and like me.  I think it's the ears...hehe.  Poor kid.  
I'm finally picking up my knitting again and trying to finish a very basic project that should have taken me no more than a week, but has taken me two months.   It's the Nomad hat/scarf combo from Interweave.  Shelby wants me to make one for her now.  So today we will be winding her a ball to start on it.  I also got back in contact with a friend from Columbus who was one of two people who taught me to knit.   I thought she was farther from us, but it turns out that she is less than an hour away with a knitting group she set up here.  It was her knitting group I was gong to when I finally started to truly knit.  My Mother-in-law taught me the basics and my friend enhanced and brought me further.  So I am quite excited and it will be so much fun to be in another knitting group, and to see her again.  I really miss the one in Columbus.   
More good news is that many of my friends from Columbus are finding their way here.   Two are here already and at three are on their way.   How exciting is that?  It really is such a small world.  
So here are a few pics (I hope) to share with you.  It's Shelby and Mikey taking a bath; Mikey sitting on his own; and Shelby dressing him up.   Enjoy!!

2 comments: